- Grammar and Structure
- » Expressions of Quantity
Expressions of Quantity
An expression of quantity is a word or group of words that tells the amount of something. It answers the questions, “How much?” or “How many?”
There are lots of things to do in a big company.
Expressions of quantity —
- modify a noun.
- describe the amount, or number, of something.
- are used with count nouns or with non-count nouns.
- are used to express —
- a positive idea: “I read all the e-mail messages.” or
- a negative idea: “I read none of the e-mail messages.”